Tax Reform at a Glance
What You Need to Know ALEC Model Policy on Tax Reform Resources Primer: Tax Reform 101 Primer: The Case for Tax Reform North Carolina: Setting an Example in Tax Reform Connected Campaigns
What You Need to Know
- The federal government is bloated and out of touch, rigged to respond to special interest groups while ignoring the average American.
- The current tax code spans 2,650 pages and more than 70,000 forms, instructions and other guidance.
- 90 percent of Americans need professional help to do their own taxes.
- Overall, taxpayers spend 6 billion hours and $195 billion each year to comply with the tax code.
- At 35 percent, the United States has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the developed world.