Union Members: You Have More Options Than You Think

You may not live in a Right-to-Work state, but you still have options when it comes to union representation and paying union dues.

One option: Become an agency fee payer

Becoming an agency fee payer means you only pay dues for the union’s cost of collective bargaining, contract administration and grievance adjustment. As an agency fee payer, you do not pay for any other activities, including the union’s political activities – but are still entitled to every benefit under the labor contract with your employer, including health care, pension, step increases, etc.

You can download a letter notifying your union of your desire to resign your union membership and become an agency fee payer here.

Read about more options available to you as a union member in a non Right-to-Work state here.