Today there are more than 130 vacancies throughout our federal district and appellate courts, and Senator Michael Bennet is part of the problem.
Senator Bennet refuses to give honest consideration to qualified judicial nominees, forcing his fellow Americans to have their day in court before panels with empty seats.
Putting partisan politics over the Constitutional rights of his own constituents, Michael Bennet is even holding up Senate confirmations for vacancies affecting Coloradans.
Allison H. Eid for U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming)
- Eid is an accomplished judge who currently serves as an Associate Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court, having been elevated to the seat in 2006.
- Prior to Eid’s elevation, she served as the Solicitor General of the State of Colorado.
- Early in her Career, Eid secured a prestigious clerkship under Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Clarence Thomas.
- Since 1998, Eid has also served as an Associate Professor of Law at the University of Colorado’s Law School, an occupation that has continued through her tenure as an Associate Justice.
- Eid was nominated on June 7, 2017, to fill the seat vacated by newly minted Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Neil M. Gorsuch on April 4, 2017.
No hearing has been scheduled because Senator Bennet is holding up her nomination.
Tell Senator Bennet to help put another Coloradan jurist on the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and confirm Justice Eid now! The U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals is too important to Coloradans to have vacant seats!
Call Michael Bennet at (303) 455-7600.